A double-pane window is a noise reduction windowwith two panes of glass set,and the space between them provides insulation and blocks the noise from outside.The distance between the double pane windows has been designed to prevent condensation.
Advantages Of Double Pane Windows
- Prevent Condensation: Aheavy condensation forms on a single pane window because of the temperature difference.It prevents condensation from being formed.
- Provides Insulation:It provides better insulation. It keeps the home at an average temperatureand protects the house from heat and cold.
- Noise Reduction: These windows limit noise pollution. The extra layer of the window keeps the noise outside.It provides peace to the mind.
- Energy-efficient: These windows are energy efficient. A person can save the monthly bills by some per cent.
- Provide Security:These windows are tough to break and open. A thief can’t enter the house because they can’t break these glasses outside.
- Property Value:This can increase the property value as a buyer can agree on the noisy location because these glasses cancel the noise from outside.
Disadvantages Of Double Pane Windows
- Trap Heat: These windows can trap heat during summer; this will make the home hotter and provide discomfort during summers but can be helpful in the winters.
- Can’t be Repaired:These windows can’t be repaired. If there is breakage of the seal, then condensation can appear. It cannot be pulled apart. The entire window will be replaced,and a person has to pay more for it.
- Expensive: They are expensive as compared to one pane window. But these windows give a longer duration. Therefore, they are worthwhile investments.
- Not adequate for Old House: The double pane windows cannot be installed in homes with an older architectural style.
These windows are the best solution for everything. They help to reduce the noise, prevent condensation and insulation. It can be considered a long-term investment because these windows cannot be smashed easily. They protect the home against rain and dust. These windows should be installed at every house to gain the benefit and increase the house’s worth.